Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sleepless Nights

Wouldn't it be cool if you didn't need to go to bed? One part of the brain could go to bed while the other remained active. Well that's one thing that scientists are trying to find out. Getting rid of the need of sleep is, physiological and mentally better. You do not feel tired but you also don't have hard time thinking when you are tired. The scientists are promoting this for primarily; military reasons, which isn't a surprise; "The plan is to create a “24/7” soldier—one who can easily navigate, communicate and make good decisions for a week without sleep. Any enemy who does have to sleep would be at a profound disadvantage." Radical Evolution

"Know I ask you what you would use this ability for. The natural answer would be; "That would be great. We could party anytime have fun and never need to manually go to bed." But how would working people or people with a hard program benefit from this. I say that this would help people who work a lot, in a mental way but also in a physical way. I usually come back from school, study a bit and go to my soccer practices. Then I swim and work-out. I often get home tired and with no will to do any homework..... I always do it though. How could that help me and millions of others who follow a similar program? Well I could swim, play soccer, do my homework and even stay up late, while one side of the brain recharges, the other is using up its own energy. This does not mean that you don't sleep; it means that only one side sleeps, the other works, instead of both sides sleeping, like we are used to.

This could also work well with our mother and fathers who usually come home tired. We want them to spend time with us while they can’t wait to go to bed. In brief this would work with anybody that has a hard program and needs to benefit from rest, while working. Examples of these people are businessmen, actors, people who are involved with sport and much, much more. The great thing is that it is quite possible as long as we can find a way to send neurons to the brain telling one side to start sleeping. Well I hope they find how you can trigger whatever side of your brain you want to sleep because I am getting tired.... HOPE you liked it. If you have any questions, write a comment. AHAHA.